11 November: In a year, the 11th of November is the 315th day as per the Georgian Calendar. In a leap year, it is the 316th day of the year. What special day is today?
Readers would get a variety of news on different facets of human lives as well as on nations, organizations, and above all our planet and beyond. You must be curious to know what happened today.
Now get ready to explore an array of people, places, politics, and a lot more given in this article.
What Happened Today? On This Day in History: 11 November
Art & Artists
- 1872 – American movie and theatre actress Maude Adams was born. She had featured in Joan of Arc, in three James Bond movies, and Shakespearean roles like Juliet, Rosalind, and Viola.
- 2011 – Release of Darren Lynn Bousman’s horror movie “11-11-11”. Bousman was the director and writer of the movie.
Science & Technology
- 1572 – The supernova “SN 1572” was observed by Tycho Brahe, a Danish astronomer.
- 1675 – Integral calculus was first demonstrated by Gottfried Leibniz.
Leaders & Politics
- 1831 – Nat Turned, an American enslaved black slave-rebellion was hanged.
- 1889 – Washington became the 42nd state of the USA.
- 1918 – End of World War I that took 17 million human lives.
- 1975 – Angola got independence from Portugal.
People & Society
- 1417 – Martin V was collectively elected as the Pope, and the Great Schism ended.
- 1750 – Lhasa, the Tibetan capital city witnessed bloody riots after the Tibetan regent was murdered. Around 130 were killed in the riot.
- 1992 – Through a poll, the Church of England decided to allow women to become priests.
Disasters: Natural & Man-made
- 2000 – Due to a fire in a cable, the Kaprun disaster happened in an alpine subway in Austria. Eventually, 155 snowboarders and skiers died in the incident.
- 2012 – A high-magnitude earthquake (6.8) killed 26 people in northern Burma.
- 2020 – Typhoon Vamco caused a severe flood and killed 67 people in Luzon, the Philippines.
Discoveries & Explorations
- 1493 – Christopher Columbus, during his expedition, sighted the beautiful island of St. Martin.
- 1966 – Gemini 12 spacecraft was launched by NASA.
Leisure & Sports
- 1872 – The Rugby League World Cup match between Great Britain and Australia ended with a draw. But Great Britain was awarded the trophy.
- 1889 – Willie Park Jr. beat Andrew Kirkaldy to clinch his second British Open Men’s Golf title.
Birth Anniversaries (11 November)
- 1821 – Fyodor Dostoevsky (Russian writer)
- 1922 – Kurt Vonnegut (Novelist from America)
- 1962 – Demi Moore (American actress)
- 1974 – Leonardo DiCaprio (Actor-producer from America)
- 1982 – Jeremy Williams (Actor-model from England)
- 1994 – Sanju Samson (Indian cricketer)
Death Anniversaries (11 November)
- 1880 – Ned Kelly (Infamous criminal from Australia)
- 1962 – Joseph Ruddy (Water polo player and swimmer from America)
- 2004 – Yasser Arafat (Great leader of Palestine)
- 2006 – Belinda Emmett (Australian actress)
What Special Day is Today: (11 November)
- International Origami Day
- National Education Day (India)
- Singles Day (China)
- Remembrance Day
- Republic Day (Maldives)
- Women’s Day (Belgium)
- Independence Day (Angola)
The factual news story of the day (11 November) takes account of spatial-temporal dimensions of different news, events, people, places, and entertainment.
Let’s explore how the information and facts would be useful for you! Finally, have a look at the things that happened on this day in history.
Providing our readers with genuine facts and figures is our passion. To make things better we need our readers’ feedback so that would align our content picking and finalization.
Please communicate with us, share your thought, and give us any unique news/ info that might be with you. Your contribution would help us to improve our content for you.
On This Day:
30 November | 29 November | 28 November | 27 November | 26 November | 25 November | 24 November | 23 November | 22 November | 21 November | 20 November | 19 November | 18 November | 17 November | 16 November | 15 November | 14 November | 13 November | 12 November | 10 November | 9 November | 8 November | 7 November | 6 November | 5 November | 4 November | 3 November | 2 November | 1 November