13 November: In a year, the 13th of November is the 319th day as per the Georgian Calendar. In a leap year, it is the 320th day of the year.
What special day is today? Readers would get a variety of news on different facets of human lives as well as on nations, organizations, and above all our planet and beyond.
You must be curious to know what happened today.
Now get ready to explore an array of people, places, politics, and a lot more given in this article.
What Happened Today? On This Day in History: 13 November
Art & Artists
- 1940 – Maiden public screening of Disney’s controversial animated film “Fantasia”.
- 1980 – Worldwide premiere of Martin Scorsese’s classic American movie “Raging Bull”. The movie was based on the biopic of the American boxer Jake La Motta. Robert De Niro won the Oscar award for best actor in a leading role.
Science & Technology
- 1841 – James Braid started to work on what he coined as “hypnotism” after observing a display of animal magnetism by the demonstrator Charles Lafontaine.
- 1947 – The development of the assault rifle AK-47 was completed by the Soviet Union.
- 2012 – Parts of the South Pacific and Australia witnessed a total solar eclipse.
Leaders & Politics
- 1002 – Launch of attack against Danish settlers by Ethelred II, the then English King.
- 1994 – In a referendum, the voters of Sweden choose to join the European Union.
- 2015 – Paris witnessed a bloody terrorist attack that took 130 lives and wounded no less than 350 people.
People & Society
- 2013 – Legalization of same-sex marriage in Hawaii.
- 2013 – 4 World Trade Center formally opened in New York.
Disasters: Natural & Man-made
- 1909 – 259 miners were killed in the Cherry Coal Mine (Illinois) fire.
- 1985 – Two times eruptions of Mount Ruiz volcano situated in the Andes (West-central Colombia, US) buried a town and killed approximately 25,000 people.
Discoveries & Explorations
- 1907 – Paul Cornu flew in a rotary wing aircraft known as “Cornu Helicopter”. The French bicycle maker and engineer is the first man in history to do so.
Leisure & Sports
- 1946 – Don Bradman scored a ton (106) in a match between an Australian XI vs. the MCC.
- 1954 – Great Britain thrashed France (16-12) in the First Rugby League World Cup.
- 1982 – WBA lightweight boxing champion Ray Mancini TKOs (technical knockout) Duk Koo Kim from South Korean.
Birth Anniversaries (13 November)
- 354 – Saint Augustine (Theologian and bishop)
- 1850 – Robert Louis Stevenson (Author from Britain)
- 1938 – Gerald Godin (Canadian journalist, poet, and politician)
- 1969 – Gerard Butler (Scottish actor)
- 1972 – Samantha Riley (Australian swimmer)
- 2002 – Emma Raducanu (British tennis player)
Death Anniversaries (13 November)
- 1868 – Gioachino Rossini (Italian composer)
- 1903 – Camille Pissarro (French painter)
- 1996 – Bobbie Vaile (Academic and astrophysicist from Australia)
- 2005 – Eddie Guerrero (American wrestler)
- 2010 – Allan Sandage (Astronomer and cosmologist America)
- 2012 – John Sheridan (English rugby player and coach)
What Special Day is Today: (13 November)
- World Kindness Day
- Sadie Hawkins Day (the USA)
- National Indian Pudding (the USA)
The factual news story of the day (13 November) takes account of spatial-temporal dimensions of different news, events, people, places, and entertainment.
Let’s explore how the information and facts would be useful for you! Finally, have a look at the things that happened on this day in history.
Providing our readers with genuine facts and figures is our passion. To make things better we need our readers’ feedback so that would align our content picking and finalization.
Please communicate with us, share your thought, and give us any unique news/info that might be with you. Your contribution would help us to improve our content for you.
On This Day:
30 November | 29 November | 28 November | 27 November | 26 November | 25 November | 24 November | 23 November | 22 November | 21 November | 20 November | 19 November | 18 November | 17 November | 16 November | 15 November | 14 November | 12 November | 11 November | 10 November | 9 November | 8 November | 7 November | 6 November | 5 November | 4 November | 3 November | 2 November | 1 November