14 November: In a year, the 14th of November is the 318th day as per the Georgian Calendar. In a leap year, it is the 319th day of the year.
What special day is today? Readers would get a variety of news on different facets of human lives as well as on nations, organizations, and above all our planet and beyond.
You must be curious to know what happened today. Now get ready to explore an array of people, places, politics, and a lot more given in this article.
What Happened Today? On This Day in History: 14 November
Art & Artists
- 1851 – Publication of the novel “Moby Dick” (a masterpiece penned by Herman Melville by Harper & Brothers.
- 1908 – Premiere of “Der tapfere Soldat“ (a musical by Oscar Strauss) in Vienna.
- 1965 – Closure of “Baker Street“ (a musical) at Broadway Theatre, New York after 313 performances.
Science & Technology
- 1922 – Radio service launched by the BBC in the United Kingdom.
- 1967 – Theodore Maiman got a patent for his invention of the world’s first laser (Ruby Laser System).
Leaders & Politics
- 1962 – Eritrea became a province of the Ethiopian empire
- 1970 – Entry of the Soviet Union made Russian the 4th official language of ICAO.
- 2008 – Beginning of the 1st G-20 economic summit at the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C.
People & Society
- 1972 – For the first time, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed above 1,000.
- 1885 – The Serbo-Bulgarian War started when Milan Obrenovic IV (Serbian King) declared war against Bulgaria.
- 1305 – Ordaining of Clement V as the Pope who became the first Avignon pope.
Disasters: Natural & Man-made
- 1970 – Flight 932 of Southern Airways smashed into the mountains located near Huntington, West Virginia which killed 75.
- 2001 – A powerful earthquake with a magnitude of 7.6 on the Richter scale in the Tibetan plateau caused the longest surface rupture on land (~450 km) ever recorded.
Discoveries & Explorations
- 1969 – Launch of Apollo 12 to the Moon which was the second instance of landing on the Moon.
- 1889 – Beginning of Nellie Bly’s 72-day journey of racing around the world. The journalist (The New York World) tried to beat the timing taken by Phileas Fogg (a fictional character in Jules Verne’s fiction “Around the World in Eighty Days.”).
- 1971 – “Mariner 9”, a robotic spacecraft launched by NASA entered the Mars orbit.
Leisure & Sports
- 1936 – Bradman scored 192 runs in a Sheffield Shield cricket match between South Australia v Victoria.
- 1993 – As a coach, Don Shula made a record for most wins in America’s NFL history.
- 1973 – The product of Olympic coins started by Canada.
Birth Anniversaries (14 November)
- 1889 – Jawaharlal Nehru (Prime minister of India)
- 1908 – Joseph McCarthy (American senator)
- 1922 – Boutros Boutros-Ghali (Statesman from Egypt and UN secretary-general)
- 1948 – Charles III (King from the UK)
- 1954 – Condoleezza Rice (Govt. official from America)
Death Anniversaries (14 November)
- 1916 – Saki (British story writer)
- 1977 – A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada (Monk and spiritual guru from India; Founder of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness)
- 2014 – Jane Byrne (US politician)
- 2015 – Warren Mitchell (Actor and screenwriter from England)
What Special Day is Today: (14 November)
- World Diabetes Day
- Day of the Colombian Woman (Colombian)
- Dobruja Day (Romania)
- Children’s Day (India)
- Mobile Brigade Day (Indonesia)
The factual news story of the day (14 November) takes account of spatial-temporal dimensions of different news, events, people, places, and entertainment.
Let’s explore how the information and facts would be useful for you! Finally, have a look at the things that happened on this day in history.
Providing our readers with genuine facts and figures is our passion. To make things better we need our readers’ feedback so that would align our content picking and finalization.
Please communicate with us, share your thought, and give us any unique news/info that might be with you. Your contribution would help us to improve our content for you.
On This Day:
30 November | 29 November | 28 November | 27 November | 26 November | 25 November | 24 November | 23 November | 22 November | 21 November | 20 November | 19 November | 18 November | 17 November | 16 November | 15 November | 13 November | 12 November | 11 November | 10 November | 9 November | 8 November | 7 November | 6 November | 5 November | 4 November | 3 November | 2 November | 1 November