25 November: In a year, the 25th of November is the 329th day as per the Georgian Calendar. In a leap year, it is the 330th day of the year.
What special day is today? This day has its distinctiveness and importance in history.
Let’s explore people who have carved a niche for themselves on 25th November. We may also need to scan through the events that happened today.
What Happened Today? On This Day in History: 25 November
Art & Artists
- 1947 – The movie “Hollywood Ten” are blacklisted by Hollywood movie studios.
- 1952 – Agatha Christie’s murder-mystery play The Mousetrap, an Agatha Christie‘s murder-mystery play was opened at the Ambassadors Theatre, London.
Science & Technology
- 1915 – Presentation of the field equations of general relativity by Albert Einstein to the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
- 1942 – Los Alamos, New Mexico was chosen as the site of Project Y. The project developed the world’s first atomic bomb.
Leaders & Politics
- 1975 – Surinam (previously known as Dutch Guiana) got independence from the Netherlands. in 1987 a fresh civilian constitution was approved.
People & Society
- 1277 – Nicholas IIIbecame (elected) the pope of the Roman Catholic Church.
- 1999 – Elian Gonzalez, a five-year-old boy from Cuba was rescued by the local fishermen while floating inside an inner tube near the Florida coast.
Disasters: Natural & Man-made
- 1667 – Shemakha (Caucasus) witnessed a terrible earthquake that killed 80,000 people. One-third of the city was destroyed by the earthquake.
- 1839 – South-eastern India encountered a powerful cyclone that devastated the port city of Coringa and killed about 300,000 people.
Discoveries & Explorations
- 1895 – French astronomer Claude-Louis Mathieu was born on this date. He worked to resolve the distances of the stars. He got the Lalande Prize twice (1808 and 1815).
- 2021 – Rafaella Resources made a tactical acquisition of tungsten.
Leisure & Sports
- 1907 – Australian tennis star Norman Brookes won the Australasian Championships Men’s Tennis held at Melbourne. He was the Wimbledon champion in 1907.
- 1961 – NBA’s Bob Cousy becomes the second player ever to score a record-setting 15,000 points.
- 2005 – George Best (an Irish-born football player) died in London on this day. He was one of the top-class forwards in the history of the football game.
Birth Anniversaries (25 November)
- 1914 – Joe DiMaggio (American baseball player)
- 1982 – Jhulan Goswami (Indian cricketer)
- 1993 – Danny Kent (English motorcycle racer)
Death Anniversaries (25 November)
- 311 – Pope Peter I of Alexandria
- 1950 – Johannes V. Jensen (Danish author, and playwright, Nobel Prize laureate)
- 1957 – Diego Rivera (Mexican painter)
- 1970 – Yukio Mishima (Japanese writer, and actor)
- 2016 – Fidel Castro (Cuban political leader)
- 2020 – Diego Maradona (Football star from Argentina)
What Special Day is Today: (25 November)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- National Day (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Teachers’ Day (Indonesia)
- Vajiravudh Memorial Day (Thailand)
- Independence Day (Suriname from the Netherlands)
The factual story of the day (25 November) covers the entire globe and a lot of well-known personalities. The day has remained a silent observer of what happened on this day in history.
Providing our readers with authentic facts and figures, for each day, is what boosts us here.
We would love to hear from you. We request you drop your feedback on the article. If you have any rare information like the above, then do share it with us.
On This Day:
30 November | 29 November | 28 November | 27 November | 26 November | 24 November | 23 November | 22 November | 21 November | 20 November | 19 November | 18 November | 17 November | 16 November | 15 November | 14 November | 13 November | 12 November | 11 November | 10 November | 9 November | 8 November | 7 November | 6 November | 5 November | 4 November | 3 November | 2 November | 1 November