30 November: In a year, the 30th of November is the 334th day as per the Gregorian Calendar. In a leap year, it is the 335th day of the year.
What special day is today? This day has its distinctiveness and importance in history.
Let’s explore people who have carved a niche for themselves on 30th November. We may also need to scan through the events that happened today.
What Happened Today? On This Day in History: 30 November
Art & Artists
- 1977 – Release of The Wall, Pink Floyd’s 11th album. Pink Floyd is a popular British rock band.
- 1982 – Michael Jackson’s Thriller was released worldwide. The solo album clinched 8 Grammy Awards and became the world’s best-selling album. Till now it has been the best-selling record album in music history.
Science & Technology
- 1900 – Patent of front-wheel drive for automobiles by a German engineer.
- 1934 – The LNER Class A3 4472 Flying Scotsman recorded a speed of 100 mph. It became the world’s first steam engine validated to attain this speed.
Leaders & Politics
- 1967 – Zulfikar Ali Bhutto launched her political outfit “the Pakistan People’s Party”.
- 1999 – The anti-globalization protesters demonstrated against the conduct of a WTO (World Trade Organization) meeting in Seattle, the US. It forced the unprepared police to cancel the opening ceremony.
People & Society
- 1999 – The creation of ExxonMobil (by the merger of Exxon and Mobil) became the world’s leading oil and energy business.
Disasters: Natural & Man-made
- 1936 – The Crystal Palace was almost destroyed by a fire incident. The giant exhibition hall is popular around the world and was the venue for the Great Exhibition of 1851.
- 1941 – Approximately 11,000 Jews from the Riga Ghetto were gheraoed by the SS-Einsatzgruppen. All the Jews were killed in this infamous Rumbula massacre.
Discoveries & Explorations
- 1999 – Formation of BAE Systems by the merger of “British Aerospace” and “Marconi Electronic Systems”. BAE Systems became the biggest contractor in Europe and 4th biggest aerospace firm in the world.
Leisure & Sports
- 2007 – Death of Evel Knievel, the noted daredevil motorcyclist from America. He was known for his death-defying cycling stunts. Once he jumped over the fountains at Caesars Palace Hotel in Las Vegas.
Birth Anniversaries (30 November)
- 1667 – Jonathan Swift (Anglo-Irish Author)
- 1835 – Mark Twain (American writer)
- 1858 – Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose (Indian Physicist and Plant Physiologist)
- 1874 – Winston Churchill (Prime minister of the UK)
Death Anniversaries (30 November)
- 1900 – Oscar Wilde (Irish Author)
- 2010 – Rajiv Dixit (Indian author and activist)
- 2012 – Mitchell Cole (English footballer)
- 2014 – Kent Haruf (American novelist)
- 2018 – George H.W. Bush (the 41st president of the US)
What Special Day is Today: (30 November)
- Independence Day (Barbados)
- Independence Day (South Yemen)
- Republic Day (Barbados)
- Bonifacio Day (Philippines)
- Commemoration Day (United Arab Emirates)
- National Day (Benin)
- Regina Mundi Day (South Africa)
The factual story of the day (30 November) covers the entire globe and a lot of well-known personalities.
The day has remained a silent observer of what happened on this day in history.
Providing our readers with authentic facts and figures, for each day, is what boosts us here.
We would love to hear from you. We request you drop your feedback on the article. If you have any rare information like the above, then do share it with us.
On This Day:
29 November | 28 November | 27 November | 26 November | 25 November | 24 November | 23 November | 22 November | 21 November | 20 November | 19 November | 18 November | 17 November | 16 November | 15 November | 14 November | 13 November | 12 November | 11 November | 10 November | 9 November | 8 November | 7 November | 6 November | 5 November | 4 November | 3 November | 2 November | 1 November