“Thank You” and “Sorry” are the two most powerful word weapons humans have got. But do we use them as often? The answer would be, no.
Simply saying thank you for your work can reflect your gratitude, while sorry means the humbleness your attitude carries.
So why being humble and grateful is important?
While we complain about our resentments and disappointments in our day-to-day lives, we tend to forget the larger picture. We are not content with what we have got or what we achieved.
We don’t show Gratitude towards what we got and be humble about it. It’s easier said than done.
Life Changing Power of Humility and Thankfulness
The journey called Life is long, with change and growth being inevitable. The two actions are separate but give us a lifelong lesson.
It is to understand the perspective of others, approach the powerful unknown, and be grounded all the time. We are so caught up in our things that we forget to appreciate the little things in our lives.
There are so many things to be grateful for in your life. For example, giving back to mankind in the form of charity is a great way to express thankfulness and be humble simultaneously.
“Gratitude is the beginning of wisdom. Stated differently; true wisdom cannot be obtained unless it is built on the foundation of true humility and gratitude.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
Why being Humble and Grateful is Important?
The simple act of Gratitude can change lives. You must be careful about your actions as they reflect upon your personality.
If your head is always high, certain things might go unnoticed by you. You would start considering yourself superior to others. This is precisely the opposite of what Gratitude and Humility can do.
Suppose you are passing by a signal and help the poor man by buying a pen from him or simply offering him food. This act won’t go unnoticed, and he will bless you instead.
That is why “Gratitude is one of those things that you get more by giving more.”
27 Things To Be Grateful For
Ask yourself whether you have shown humbleness and gratitude towards what you have.
Have you taken a pause and appreciated what all you have?
Here is the list of the things to be grateful for in your Life.
1. The spectacular journey is called Life.
2. Parents who brought you into the world.
3. A home that you live giving you all the comfort.
4. Friends like family who are with you in all sorrows and joys.
5. A car or scooter to travel from one place to another.
6. Your partner in all crime is your other half.
7. The food you get to eat every day.
8. Travel to places that you wish to explore.
9. Access to quality education that helped in your career.
10. Having a dream job that fulfills your bucket list in life.
11. Choose from a variety of clothing and accessories to wear every day.
12. Good health leads to good life.
13. Your teachers guided you in your life to be what you are.
14. Failures that made more strong, and fought back again.
15. The phone helps me to connect with everybody and entertain me.
16. Freedom that allows me to enjoy my own space.
17. Cleaners, sweepers, and garbage collectors who clean our mess.
18. Doctors and nurses who take good care of our health.
19. To mother Earth, who let us enjoy all seasons.
20. For all the five senses, you have to lead an everyday life.
21. Challenges that life throws at us are evolving to be better individuals.
22. To be able to witness the love in the weddings.
23. To be able to share the sorrow in funerals.
24. To be able to have enough oxygen in the air to breathe.
25. Meditate and do yoga to have inner peace and solitude.
26. Making investments and paying bills with the money we earn.
27. Praying to God for the gift of life.
The above stated are very general things you must be thankful for. When a tragic event occurs, only then you understand about the things to be grateful for in your life.
Conceit can Implode You
To put it in simple words, if you have too much self-pride and overconfidence, it will be the cause of your downfall. You won’t even realize it, and your life will take a 360 turn.
Remember Ravana from Ramayana. He had so much pride in himself that he wouldn’t be killed, and his actions were superior to all.
What happened to him? He would have been worshipped instead if he had been more humble and grateful towards his approach. He was very intellectual and wise, but his conceit imploded him.
Humility and Gratitude – A Key to Success
Sit back and ask yourself why being humble and having gratitude is important. Humble is admiring others, and gratitude is being thankful to others who benefited you.
It also adds an appositive approach towards life. Being humble and having gratitude allows you to reflect upon your own and build stronger relationships.
“Be humble and grateful for what you have, and the universe will reward your gratitude.”
― Joe Sacco