Love is probably the most powerful and most wanted of emotions. Everyone seems to be on the constant lookout for it. Those who have it want more and those who don’t have too much of it obviously are looking to satiate their appetites. There is a song in an Indian cinema – and there are pretty similar euphemisms in English movies too – in which the protagonist talks about breaking away stars and the moon from the sky for his one true love. Movies are a pretty good reflection of the mood of the times and it is quite evident how much power love has over our imaginations.
You actually “Fall” in Love!
“True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can it be denied where it does” says Torquato Tasso. This statement along with being self-explanatory is also quite evident. When you are in love, another person becomes far more important than yourself, i.e. you undermine a part of yourself – if not the whole – in a love affair. When this happens, it is pretty evident in your actions and thoughts. True love thus does not happen voluntarily, you fall into it!
How do you know if it is True Love or just another infatuation?
Time is the sturdiest of tests and is probably the best way to ascertain if you are truly in love or not. If you feel the same passion and love towards your partner, even after months and years, as you felt at the start of your relationship, you can be more or less certain that it is quite serious. There are some other things too which help you ascertain it for yourself:
- What you feel for your partner is unconditional, i.e. you do not want or need anything in return from him/her and just want to engulf them in your love.
- You are perennially happy when around your love and even though you are not always smiling like a fool, their mere presence acts to calm you down even in the most forbidding of situations.
- You do not judge each other but accept the other person and love them for who they are with all their insecurities and imperfections. You know that nobody is born perfect and probably never will be able to achieve perfection either, but they are the perfect fit for you.
- You feel each other’s feelings deeply. When they get frustrated, you can feel yourself tensing up and when they are happy you have butterflies in your stomach. You have the utmost levels of compassion, sympathy and understanding between each other.
- And finally, when in true love, you don’t feel the need to say “I Love You”. Both of you can feel it even when you are completely silent. But this should not undermine the importance of communicating your feelings. You don’t need to, but saying that you love your partner is not inadvisable.
Love transcends colour, caste, religion or any other mentionable boundary. When you find the love of your life, you will know as will the other person. Till then, happy searching!
Written By: Prasun Jha
GET INSPIRATIONAL ARTICLES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Subscribe to our mailing list and get the Latest Inspirational Article to your Email Inbox. It's FREE!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.