It requires no strength to be cruel. But it requires massive strength to show up being kind.
It requires no strength to put up a fight, abuse or hit someone. But it requires massive strength to do kind things for others, show mercy and forgive.
It is only with a deep understanding can one be kind in a world that may or may not show the same kindness back.
“Let us learn to live with kindness, to love everyone, even when they do not love us.”
— Pope Francis
Wear The Blush Of Kindness
Showing up being kind is simple. Start at the mental level. Have a kind disposition.
Kindness is a virtue that enhances the qualities of a human being. It’s like wearing a beautiful jewellery that sparkles your personality.
Living In A Not So Kind World
“My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart.”
— Maya Angelou
Many of us have forgotten what it is to be kind. We understand the concept but when it comes to action, we don’t know how to apply it.
That’s why we need to have real examples of people who live through kindness.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
You must set an example for others.
- Show kindness through your glances.
- Show kindness through your smile.
- Let kindness sparkle your personality.
Show Up Being Kind
Living a life of kindness does not mean that one has to forget about oneself and only think of others. Show kindness to yourself first. Then bring your refreshed energy to do good to others.
Here are ways where you can show up being kind and do kind things for others.
- Start with your own family. Listen. Give your ear to a family member who wants to be heard. Just a mere act of listening can be a beautiful way to show kindness.
- Be kind to your neighbours. Having a “live and let live” attitude can release unconscious stress. Acknowledging neighbours in the most neutral way also can show them what it is to be really not judgemental.
- Be kind to your environment. Being kind enough to use the dustbin instead of throwing garbage on the street is kindness. Simple acts like this could help your immediate surrounding and Mother Earth.
How Are You Kind Today?
How do you show up being kind and do kind things for others?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Know that when you share your thoughts, you are setting examples for others to follow.
Spread your word. Spread kindness.
Written By: Deepti Daryanani